Due to the limited availability and the extra service we want to provide you when buying a frame, we take orders via mail to give you the best support possible.
"I want a bike that is lawless. I want to be able to descend anything I find myself above but I want to get up there with minimum of fuss and maximum speed, which is why I want a 29er. Too many people discredit 29ers as being only for old guys and cross-country racers, but bikes like the Rootdown defy small-minded definition. I’ve tried my hand at all types of mountain biking but after years of searching I realized I just like being out on the trails and that specific categorization is a waste of time. I just want to fly through the woods, feel the loam flick up on my shins, and never have to worry about wiping the grin off my face."
All size and colors available upon request.
Big wheels, all mountain
In 2016 we updated the Rootdown frame with a combination of longer top tube, shorter chain stay, slacker head angle, steeper seat tube and lower BB. For us it was a significant progression of all mountain hardtail. The new 2017 version continues that legacy further with the additional clearance needed for 27.5 Plus tire compatibility.
Built with our custom-drawn tubes and featuring a 12 X 148 Boost rear end and stealth post routing, this is the evolution of Chromag frame design in 29er form compatible to 27.5+. An agile ascender and a dominant descender that is ready for anything.
- Chromag’s own trail honed geometry
- Custom Chromoly tube set
- Chainstay length optimized at 413mm
- CNC machined headtube tapered 44-56mm ZS
- Designed around a 160mm fork (ideal range 150-170mm)
- Head Angle 65 degrees – 160mm fork
- Seat Angle 75 degrees
- BB height 12.6” / 320mm (with std 29” tire)
- BB Shell: BB92
- 1X drivetrains only
- Max chainring size of 32T (Boost chainline)
- Custom CNC machined dropouts, yokel and zip guides.
- 12x148mm Maxle
- 31.6 seat tube, stealth routed
- Up to 29 x 2.5 or 27.5 x 3.0 tire clearance
- Handmade in our Taiwan partner factory
- 6.5lb median frame weight