Due to the limited availability and the extra service we want to provide you when buying a frame, we take orders via mail to give you the best support possible.
Contact us to order yours!
"Before I found the Surface I’d tried a bunch of 29ers and although the benefits of the wheels were obvious often the bikes they were attached to felt a little too cross-country for my liking. I wanted a bike that I can race at the local midweek events, have a beer instead of washing it, then throw it in the back of my truck to go away for a weekend of epic, all-day rides with my buddies and never have to wonder if I have the right bike, no matter what trail we ride. I also want a bike built by Chris Dekerf because I know his heritage as a frame builder combined with the Chromag design philosophy and aesthetic."
Big wheels, all mountain
The new 2017 Surface features longer front end per sizing, slacker head angle, steeper seattube, shorter chainstays, and bb height adjusted for longer travel (150mm). We are now using 148 boost rear axle spacing and a new ‘yokel’ layout for increased tire clearance. The 2017 Surface is a 29er but will also accept 27.5+ tires up to 2.8” or possibly more.
- Handmade in British Columbia, Canada by Chris Dekerf
- 29 x 2.5” or 27.5 x 2.8” tire clearance
- Head Angle – 66.5 degrees – 150mm fork
- Seat Angle – 75 degrees
- Chromag Custom True Temper and Aircraft grade 4130 chromoly
- Chromag's trail honed geometry
- Chainstay length optimized at 16.7" / 425mm
- Custom CNC machined dropouts for 12mm Maxle with replaceable hanger
- Rear hub spacing – 12 x 148mm
- CNC Machined Headtube Tapered 44-56mm
- Seatpost size – 31.6mm with Stealth routing
- Design optimized for a 120 - 150mm fork
- 31.6mm diameter seat tube with Stealth routing
- 35mm seat collar
- Frame weight – 5.9lbs
Metallic Black, Burnt Orange, Leaf Green, Hyper Blue *Custom color options available